< BACK TO ENE JOB POSTINGS
Customer Service Representative
FULL-TIME | CORPORATE OFFICE
DEPARTMENT(S) | ADMINISTRATIVE
REPORTS TO | MANAGER
FLSA STATUS | NON-EXEMPT
Energy New England is seeking an eager, highly motivated, Customer Service Representative to join our team. Responsible for facilitating customer requests and database management.
- Respond promptly, courteously, and knowledgeably to customer service inquiries
- Provide exceptional customer service while always maintaining a friendly, patient demeanor over the phone with our customers
- Process and schedule customer energy audit appointments
- Expertly address any customer concerns
- Coordinate schedules with partners
- Update tracking spreadsheets and schedules
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal & multi-tasking skills
- Excellent telephone & communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong follow-through on tasks
- Ability to work well independently and also in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated, punctual, and dependable
- Familiar with Energy Conservation Industry a plus
- Experience in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Consent to a CORI background check
Energy New England (ENE) was founded in 1998 to enhance the competitive position of public power entities in response to deregulation and to attain operating efficiencies in energy risk management and retail account management. We are a municipal light plant cooperative established under Chapter 164, Section 47C of the Massachusetts General Laws. Our ownership is made up of light departments in Braintree, Taunton, Concord, Hingham, and Wellesley, Massachusetts.
ENE is the largest wholesale risk management and energy trading organization serving the needs of municipal utilities in the northeast. We currently manage the power supplies of over twenty municipal electric systems serving more than 1100 MW of electric load and more than 550 MW of generation in all six New England states. We advise on and/or conduct more than one billion kilowatt hours in wholesale power transactions and 100-150 million kilowatt hours in retail transactions annually. We also manage up to 250,000 therms of natural gas per day within our customers’ portfolios, as well as up to 5,000 barrels per day of fuel oil.
ENE works with numerous businesses, residents, and utilities to help promote the principles of conservation, efficiency, and environmental stewardship, and advances the many benefits available through integrated sustainability planning. The ENE service portfolio encompasses the 4 C’s of sustainability: Conservation, Carbon Mitigation, Commodity Services, and Clean Technologies.
For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to Careers@ene.org
We offer a competitive salary, great employee benefits, a generous time off package,
and a great work environment
Energy New England complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training, and any other conditions or privileges of employment.