HOME ENERGY ASSESSMENTS
Energy audits are required to receive rebates. For more information call 781-348-1032 or see BELD’s website.
REBATE PROGRAMS: ELECTRIC ACCOUNT ELIGIBILITY & RESTRICTIONS
- Rebate program is for residential electric accounts only. Commercial accounts are not eligible to participate.
- Braintree Electric Light Department (BELD) will determine your electric account’s eligibility to participate in the program.
- Electric account must be active and in good standing for at least 6 months.
- Rebate item must be installed at account location.
- Resident must agree to allow BELD to inspect the installation on premises.
- Rebate maximums reset on Jan. 1.
- Offer is subject to funding availability and can expire at any time.
For any questions, and to check your electric account’s eligibility, call BELD at 781-348-2353 or email their Energy Advisor at >email@example.com.
BELD CUSTOMER | CONNECT
Be “in the know” about your electricity usage with BELD Customer|Connect! Please see the BELD’s website for more information.
ENERGY STAR® APPLIANCE REBATES
BELD is pleased to offer rebates to customers purchasing ENERGY STAR-rated appliances. ENERGY STAR-rated products are significantly more energy-efficient than the average comparable model.
To participate in BELD’s rebate program, complete the rebate application after purchasing an ENERGY STAR appliance. Paper rebate applications are also available at BELD’s office. See BELD’s website for more information and program requirements.
For all commercial rebates, contact BELD’s Key Accounts Representative at 781-348-2370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BRAINTREE DRIVES ELECTRIC
Be a part of this important program. Schedule a test drive to see which car is the best fit for you! Call 1-833-44-EV-ENE (1-833-443-8363) or visit the Braintree Drives Electric to learn more.
|BELD EV Related Rebate||Rebate|
|Level 2 EV Charger Purchase
(enrollment in the Bring Your Own Charger Program is required)
- See account eligibility terms and conditions in section above.
- One EV Charger rebate per household, per account.
- Rebate paid at 100% of cost of measure and installation, not to exceed $250.
- Enrollment in the BELD – Bring Your Own Charger Program required.
- To learn more about the BELD – Bring Your Own Charger program, click here. To enroll, click here.
- Work can be completed by a contractor or self-install. Self-installed labor costs aren’t eligible for rebate.
- Rebate issued as a check.
- Purchase date must be within 6 months prior to the date of the application.
- Application must be submitted to the portal or postmarked by 12/31 of the current calendar year.
- Vehicle registration
- Charger receipt
- Installer invoice showing some or all payments made
*If you are not comfortable using a computer, or do not have access to one, please contact us at 508-698-1225.*
CLEAN COMFORT PROGRAM
Through the program, sizing and design support is provided to residents to ensure that the installed systems deliver the savings and comfort expected, as well as improve your home’s overall carbon impact. BELD offers a rebate to residents who install heat pumps after going through the Clean Comfort Program.
Effective Jan 1, 2022. Please see BELD’s website for more information, program requirements and to get started today!
SMARTSAVINGS – SMART THERMOSTAT PROGRAM
Visit SmartSavings on BELD’s website to learn more about the program.
RESIDENTIAL SOLAR PROGRAMS
COMMUNITY SOLAR PROGRAMS
It seems like everyone is touting the benefits of power from the sun these days. Here in Braintree, several of BELD’s residential and commercial customers have photovoltaic (PV) systems. The Light Department itself has partnered with the Town of Braintree to commission a 1.26-megawatt PV array at the Covanta Transfer Station, which delivers power directly to BELD’s electric distribution system. BELD Community Solar lets you get solar benefits if your roof isn’t suitable—or if you don’t have your own roof.
For more information, contact the Energy Advisor at email@example.com via email or at 781-348-1032.
BRAINTREE RE-LEAF PROGRAM
All BELD residential customers are eligible for two free maple trees. BELD will even plant the trees for you on the south or west side of your home to ensure they get off to a healthy start. If you have not already taken advantage of this offer (sorry, no repeat customers), it’s easy to sign up.
Contact the Energy Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org via email or at 781-348-1032, and BELD will do the rest!