Reports to: Executive Vice President
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and growing ENE’s Energy Efficiency business line. The Manager will develop and implement comprehensive plans for electric and gas energy efficiency programs for residential and commercial customers within ENE’s municipal lighting plant (MLP) base of customers. This position will work closely with the municipal utility clients and retail consumers to provide resources and direction to help the utilities achieve their energy efficiency goals.
This business division leader will oversee preparation of annual forecasts, budgets and recommendations related to Energy Efficiency programs and service preferences, market penetration and market practices. The leader chosen will define goals, requirements and success criteria for both current and future programs. This leader also manages Energy Advisors and a Customer Service representative in their support of the programs and customers.
- Overall direction, management and supervision of the ENE Energy Efficiency
- Managing project budgets and tasks with minimal oversight
- Communication with internal and external customers and key constituents
- Active communications with MLP general managers, and if applicable local EE staff
- Manage all aspects of RCS and CES programs including contracts and contract renewals
- Responsible for development, implementation , monitoring and reporting of all administrative requirements of EE Conservation Programs
- Tracking industry trends and other market changes that impact energy efficiency
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to assemble and lead teams in the successful completion of major tasks
- Management of all field audit staff and internal support staff that support the EE, RCS and CES functions
- Create budgets and implementation plans under which to operate the programs
- Primary customer contact for all energy efficiency programs (municipal utilities and others)
- Development of energy efficiency programs to be delivered to the utility customers
- Responsible for enhancing and advancing the energy efficiency business line for ENE
- Facilitate process between customers and consultants from implementation to satisfactory completion of work
- Create and develop new programs for MLP’s (such as the lighting audit program in Norwood) and expand programs and services to grow the business
- Serve as ENE’s liaison with Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER) on Energy Efficiency and grant opportunities and Department of Public Utilities (DPU) on energy efficiency issues
- Assist in the development and implementation of DOER Grant writing and implementation of projects after grant issuance
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering, Business, Finance, Economics, or related field. Advanced degree is a
- 5+ years prior experience in the energy efficiency field preferred
- Expert capabilities with spreadsheets, Microsoft Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous Management experience a plus
- Working knowledge with Energy Efficiency programs in the Commonwealth and with Department of Public Utilities (DPU) and Department of Energy Resources (DOER). Efficiency experience in additional states a plus.
Highly knowledgeable and experienced individual who is comfortable performing multiple tasks and supporting a variety of initiatives in a deadline-driven environment; self-starter who understands the energy efficiency marketplace and can develop and execute programs.
Energy New England, LLC is a highly successful energy advisor and risk manager to the Northeast energy community and is the largest trading entity serving public power in the Northeast. We work with public power, independent power producer, higher education, and commercial & industrial customers throughout New England, representing 1,000 MW of load and more than 500 MW of generation. We are committed to being a premier strategic advisor and provider of solutions-based services to the consumers and generators in the energy markets. We are prudently expanding into new markets and aggressively developing new service offerings to further differentiate ourselves in the marketplace.
We offer competitive salary and benefits programs, a small company, entrepreneurial work environment and a supportive team structure. Interested? Please forward your resume, including salary history, to:
Vincent J. Ragucci, III
Executive Vice President
No telephone calls please.
Energy New England is an equal opportunity employer.