MOR-EV: GET UP TO $3,500 BACK!
Get up to $3,500 back through the Massachusetts Offers Rebates for Electric Vehicles (MOR-EV) Program!
- This program helps residents save money on the purchase or lease of a qualifying plug-in Electric Vehicle (EV).
- You can apply for the MOR-EV rebate as soon as you get your car. Visit the MOR-EV website to learn more
GET UP TO A $7,500 TAX CREDIT
The amount of the tax credit depends on when you placed the vehicle in service (took delivery), regardless of purchase date.
For vehicles placed in service January 1 to April 17, 2023:
- $2,500 base amount
- Plus $417 for a vehicle with at least 7 kilowatt hours of battery capacity
- Plus $417 for each kilowatt hour of battery capacity beyond 5 kilowatt hours
- Up to $7,500 total
In general, the minimum credit will be $3,751 ($2,500 + 3 times $417), the credit amount for a vehicle with the minimum 7 kilowatt hours of battery capacity.
For vehicles placed in service April 18, 2023 and after:
Vehicles will have to meet all of the same criteria listed above, plus meet new critical mineral and battery component requirements for a credit up to:
- $3,750 if the vehicle meets the critical minerals requirement only
- $3,750 if the vehicle meets the battery components requirement only
- $7,500 if the vehicle meets both
A vehicle that doesn't meet either requirement will not be eligible for a credit.
For more information, refer to the official IRS website EV tax credit page. For definitive information on your federal electric car tax credit eligibility, consult with a qualified tax adviser.