< BACK TO ENE JOB POSTINGS
LOCATION | CORPORATE OFFICE
STATUS | FULL-TIME
DEPARTMENT | OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO | MANAGER
FLSA STATUS | NON-EXEMPT
Supervises the energy efficiency program operations team in the following areas: residential audits
and rebates; commercial audits and rebates; and solar rebates. Work with key stakeholders both
internally and externally to determine, implement, and fulfill client programs, including, but not
limited to Energy Efficiency, Beneficial Electric Technologies and Transportation Electrification.
Provide support to our valued clients and partners in the path towards a decarbonized electric sector
and overall decarbonized economy in an equitable and fiduciarily responsible manner honoring
customer cost impact, decarbonization, and customer choice, among other important objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise Conservation department staff in a hybrid environment, ensure adequate workload for each team member, regularly check in with staff, delegate responsibilities as appropriate
- Thorough knowledge of functional area and department processes
- Program tracking: record, analyze and report data to all stakeholders for residential & commercial audits, and residential and solar rebates; create new tracking processes for new programs in Excel
- Provide final approval for monthly billing from all departments; approve payroll for hourly and contract employees; communicate with Accounting to resolve billing issues
- Communicate with Clients: business development (new offerings), answer inquiries, general subject matter expert
- Manage vendor relationships: engage with program support vendors to ensure all internal and Client needs are met, manage relationships, ensure timely invoicing or payments
- Solar and Commercial Programs: Responsible for the intake, audit assignment, review, processing, and payments of program work
- Respond to escalated customer inquiries across all program
- Establish and maintain departmental procedures for each primary function within the area of responsibility; communicate any changes to team members; recognize when changes should be made and work with Department Director and team members to create new processes
- Design and/or update fillable pdf rebate application forms for new or existing rebate programs according to the Clients specifications
- Update auditors & their software on rebate program changes; monitor audit volume and adjust schedules and marketing efforts as needed
- Track inventory, receive shipments and order as necessary
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Responsible for performance management and annual employee performance reviews
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Cross-train and act as the backup to the department as needed
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three (3) years’ experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Proactive, independent thinker who seeks ways to improve existing processes
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Effectively prioritize tasks, big and small, including multiple complex and concurrent projects
- Outstanding collaborative problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and an ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Extremely detail-oriented; exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to perform within required deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, humor and helpfulness
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with willingness to work hard and learn in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong follow through on tasks
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Consent to a CORI background check
Energy New England (ENE) was founded in 1998 to enhance the competitive position of public power entities in response to deregulation and to attain operating efficiencies in energy risk management and retail account management. We are a municipal light plant cooperative established under Chapter 164, Section 47C of the Massachusetts General Laws. Our ownership is made up of light departments in Braintree, Taunton, Concord, Hingham, and Wellesley, Massachusetts.
ENE is the largest wholesale risk management and energy trading organization serving the needs of municipal utilities in the northeast. We currently manage the power supplies of over twenty municipal electric systems serving more than 1100 MW of electric load and more than 550 MW of generation in all six New England states. We advise on and/or conduct more than one billion kilowatt hours in wholesale power transactions and 100-150 million kilowatt hours in retail transactions annually. We also manage up to 250,000 therms of natural gas per day within our customers’ portfolios, as well as up to 5,000 barrels per day of fuel oil.
ENE works with numerous businesses, residents and utilities to help promote the principles of conservation, efficiency, and environmental stewardship, and advances the many benefits available through integrated sustainability planning.
The ENE service portfolio encompasses the 4 C’s of sustainability: Conservation, Carbon Mitigation, Commodity Services, and Clean Technologies.
For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to Careers@ene.org
We offer a competitive salary, great employee benefits, a generous time off package, and a great work environment.
Energy New England complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.