< BACK TO THE PROJECT SHOWCASE
CANTON MOUNTAIN WIND
- Canton, Maine
- Patriot Renewables
- 22.8 MW ~ 61 MM KWH Annually ~ 20 Years
- Start Date December 2017
- Public Power Purchasers
- Braintree ~ Concord ~ Danvers ~ Groveland ~ Hingham ~ Littleton ~ Merrimac Middleton ~ North Attleborough ~ New Hampshire Electric Coop Norwood ~ Pascoag, RI ~ Wellesley
- Project includes eight 2.85-103 GE turbines rated at 2.85 MW each. They have 279-foot towers and 338-foot and 328-foot rotor diameters.
- Total project nameplate capacity of 22.8 MW.
- Two meteorological towers collected data at Canton, one for over 3.5 years and the other for approximately a year.
- The project will connect to a new substation near Ludden Lane in Canton that was built for the Saddleback Ridge Wind project in 2014.
- No interconnection upgrades are required.
- An interconnection agreement has been signed with ISO New England and Central Maine Power Company.
PERMITTING & CONSTRUCTION
- Permits for the Site Location of Development and the Natural Resources Protection Act (NRPA) were issued from the Maine Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) in June 2014.
- Expected commercial operation in 2017.
- An annual payment of $4,000 per turbine per year to a community benefit fund
- Increased tax revenue on a project valued at roughly $50 million, which can be used to lower taxes and/or to fund public projects.