Utility Services is professional services organization that works on compliance, reliability, and security functions in the electric industry across North America. Utility Services specializes in assisting registered entities with their obligations as required by the Electric Reliability Organization, administered through the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC). Utility Services has opened a position in its security program group. The job responsibilities are outlined below.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) standards for implementation with our customers.
- Monitor and maintain a functional understanding of NERC CIP standards, including the participation in the development of new standards in the industry.
- Gain an understanding of the performance and regulatory challenges facing electric industry participants (FERC and NERC)
- Assist staff with the development of program documentation for Utility Services clients
- Assist in development of documents and templates for the latest version of the NERC CIP standards
- Review draft version of CIP standards to revise and improve existing program documentation.
- Review network diagrams and security settings and conduct vulnerability assessments
- Review of NIST documentation and other regulatory/industry intelligence and security programs
- Assist in development of scenarios and injects for cyber security tabletop exercises.
- Help facilitate security-based tabletop exercises.
- Assist in after action report development of table-top exercises.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Required Travel: ~10%
Education/Experience (desired and or required):
- Associate or bachelor’s degree or military/technical experience in Cyber Security and/or Infrastructure Protection
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Knowledge and awareness of Microsoft based software applications.
Position: Full time, non-exempt, salary
Utility Services works to provide an inclusive environment where employees and persons with whom we work. Our company hires and employs persons regardless of their race, color, religion, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, place of birth, or HIV Status and seeks to encourage as broad a diversity of cultures and capabilities as can be achieved. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including but not limited to vacation and flexible work schedules.
Do not call about the position. Email your resume to: HR@utilitysvcs.com and we will get back to you.