Have you ever wondered where you can fast charge your EV?
For those of you who don’t know, a website called Plugshare.com exists and allows EV drivers to find chargers on a map. The amount of charger installations is increasing over time. The following are the latest fast charger locations that will be installed. Chargers are updated to this site frequently so check back over time. Orange icons are fast chargers, level 3, CHAdeMO, CCS, or Tesla chargers. Green icons are level 1 or 2 charging.
According to Plugshare, Massachusetts has over 5,000 charging stations. The most prevalent locations are in the Boston-Cambridge-Newton area, Worcester, Springfield, and Barnstable Town.
- In Concord, 2 chargers at 61 Laws Brook Road, within that area there is also currently a Chargepoint charger.
- In Middleboro, 2 chargers at Town Hall at 10 Nickerson Avenue.
- In Medford, 616 Fellsway, Wellington Circle Plaza, 4 CCS and 2 CHAdeMo chargers.
- In Norwood, 525 Boston Providence Highway, Boch Nissan, 2 J1772, 1 CHAdeMO, 1 CCS.
The tipping point is getting there. I sent an email to Shell many years ago encouraging them to put chargers at their gas stations, and they have started to. It is important that chargers exist in as many places as possible especially on high traffic routes and gas stations would be ideal locations.
- 7 Main Street in Lakeville, MA is across the street from a Shell gas station.
Charging when on the road is a concern that many people have, and rightly so. Being aware that there are many chargers in various locations such as libraries, restaurants, shopping plazas, schools, stores, dealerships, and various other locations should give us all a sense of relief when that battery is getting low. Spread the word that these chargers exist so more people can experience the joys of driving electric !
Have questions? Reach out to our EV Specialists via our Contact Us page!